The aim of this one-day workshop is to give an overview of current topics in the field of atomic layer deposition (ALD) for the synthesis and integration of 2D Materials such as graphene and the transition metal dichalchalcogenides for nanodevice applications. The workshop is geared towards both scientists who work in the field as well as newcomers and technologists who want to get an overview of the field.
Note: Registration is now closed.
- Prof. Robert Wallace (University of Texas at Dallas, USA)
- Prof. Hyungjun Kim (Yonsei University, South Korea)
- Dr. Annelies Delabie (IMEC, Belgium)
- Dr. Ravi Sundaram (OIPT, UK)
Context of the event
The workshop is organized in the context of the COST action “HERALD” (MP1402).
The workshop is sponsored by
Travel & Accommodation
Deadline for travel support applications: October 21.
Participants from countries participating in HERALD (see here) can apply for travel support. The funding available for travel support will be granted to several participants selected on basis of travel distance and overlap between the topic of the workshop and their work. Participants who wish to be considered for the travel support need to send in a letter of motivation explaining why they want to participate (maximum length 1/2 A4 page) and an overview of the expected costs to email@example.com. Please mention travel support in the subject of the email.
Participants should arrange their own Accommodation; recommendations can be found here.
Wi-Fi will be available at the venue, but prior registration for access is necessary. The instructions for gaining internet access will be sent to the participants by email.
By train: When you have reached Eindhoven Central Station, you should take the exit to the bus station on the north side. Turn right as you leave the building and take the footpath between the office buildings until you reach the traffic lights. Cross over at the traffic lights, follow the footpath through the campus. After you cross the river Dommel, the Zwarte Doos is on your right hand side.
By car: From all the motorways to and around Eindhoven (A2, A50, A58, A67 and A270), first follow the signs for ‘Centrum’ and then for ‘Universiteit’. You can park your car on the campus where car parking is indicated. It is possible to park the car at TU/e campus. The maximum parking fee for a day is 7.50 euro for the first 2 days. Please note that after 48 hours, the parking fee increases to 16 euro per day plus an additional fee of 16 euro.
By plane: It is possible to fly directly to Eindhoven Airport (EIN) from many European cities. From Eindhoven Airport, direct bus services 400 and 401 operate to Eindhoven Central Station (journey time about 20 minutes). You will need to buy your ticket from the machine before boarding the bus (approx. €3.50 for a single journey). If you can’t fly directly to Eindhoven Airport, you can fly to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS). From there you can reach Eindhoven Central Station by train in about an hour and a half.
- September 30 – Submission deadline for posters
- September 30 – Deadline for registration
- October 31 – Workshop
- 9.00- 9.30 Registration and coffee
- 9.30- 9.40 Welcome
- 9.40-10.25 Prof. Robert Wallace 2D materials: challenges and opportunities for future electronics
- 10.25-11.15 Prof. Hyungjun Kim Self-limiting Synthesis of Two Dimensional TMDs
- 11.15-11.35 Coffee
- 11.35-11.55 A. Sharma Atomic layer deposition for synthesis of atomically thin MoS2 films
- 11.55-12.15 Dr. M. Shirazi Sulfurization of 2D materials: a multi-scale modelling study
- 13.45-14.30 Dr. A. Delabie Challenges and opportunities for Atomic Layer Deposition of 2D transition metal dichalcogenides
- 14.30-14.50 R.H.J. Vervuurt Uniform Al2O3 Atomic layer deposition on Graphene by Reversible Plasma Functionalization
- 14.50-15.10 Dr. B. Karasulu Depositing Aluminum Oxide (Al2O3) on Graphene: Atomic-scale Insights into the ALD Chemistry
- 15.10-15.30 Coffee
- 15.30-15.50 N.F.W. Thissen Graphene devices with bottom-up atomic layer deposited contacts
- 15.50-16.35 Dr. R. Sundaram Deposition of 2D materials and heterostructures: Technology and processes
- 16.35-16.45 Closing remarks + group photo
- 17.00 Labtour and dinner